PicoWay Resolve Laser Skincare Treatment
Remove boldly. Treat lightly.
The Resolve skin rejuvenation* treatment for acne scarring**, dark spots, and wrinkles.
How PicoWay® Works
As we age our skin begins to show the effects of time and nature, but it is not too late to bring back a more youthful appearance. Whether your skin has developed scarring from acne, wrinkles due to loss of collagen or discoloration such as freckles, liver spots and other benign pigmented lesions, the Resolve treatment uses Picosecond laser technology to rejuvenate* the skin.
What Clients Say About PicoWay Treatments
Treatments With PicoWay® Laser
Acne Scars Large Pores
PicoWay system: Designed to make a difference
PicoWay Resolve is a picosecond laser treatment that works from the inside out to transform skin. FDA cleared for the treatment of acne scars, PicoWay Resolve delivers ultra-short laser pulses to significantly minimize acne scars in a series of brief 15 to 20 minute sessions.
- Significantly improves acne scars1
- Picosecond mechanism builds collagen to improve acne scar appearance4
- High success rate with low to no downtime1,2
- Well-tolerated treatment.1,3
PicoWay laser therapy: Wrinkle treatment that works
PicoWay Resolve delivers ultra-short laser pulses to significantly minimize wrinkles in a series of brief 15 to 20 minute sessions.
- Advanced laser technology significantly improves the appearance of wrinkles5
- Picosecond lasers build collagen and elastin4
- Well tolerated with high client satisfaction3,5
- Low to no downtime2,5
Dark Spots Melasma
PicoWay treatments quickly clear problematic discolourations
Thanks to the PicoWay Laser System living with dark skin spots and discolouration is now completely optional. The PicoWay laser uses advanced technology to remove dark spots by targeting pigment in the skin and breaking it down into small particles.
- Target skin pigment, breaking it down into smaller particles1,2
- Well tolerated across range of skin types1
- Minimal discomfort with low to no downtime1,2
The Resolve treatment offers a revolution in skin rejuvenation.
- Advanced laser technologies significantly improve acne scarring, dark spots and wrinkles.
- Well tolerated with high client satisfaction1-3
- Low to no downtime1-2
- Picosecond mechanism builds collagen and elastin4 to rejuvenate the skin***
* Via reduction in wrinkles, dark spots and acne scars
** Resolve 1064 nm only
*** Via reduction in wrinkles and acne scars
1. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for acne scars, wrinkles, and benign pigmented lesions (K191685), September 2019. 2. Candela, data on file. 3. Kauvar A, Bernstein E, Garden J. Multicenter study on the efficacy and safety of PicoWay Resolve for acne scars. 2017 Candela data on file. 4. Brauer JA Kazlouskaya V, Alabdulrazzaq H, et al. Use of picosecond pulse duration laser with specialized optic for treatment of facial scarring. JAMA Dermatol. 2015: 151(3):278-284. 5. Ganceviciene R, Liakou Al, Theodoridis A, Makrantonaki E, Zouboulis CC. Skin ati=aging strategies. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):308-319.
Request a Risk-Free Cost Estimate
Built With Your Comfort In Mind
See why laser skincare treatments at IVONNE may be for you!
Fast & Convenient
Short appointment times spread out in a few easy treatments.
Gentle But Powerful
In just pico seconds this state-of-the-art process minimizes strong thermal effects while providing effective outcomes.
With our customized precare and aftercare instructions you'll be back at it in no time.
PicoWay Laser Skincare Treatments
Optimal beauty. Inside and out.
Acne scars are the result of inflammation of acne blemishes. The acne pore swells, and a breakdown occurs in the wall of the pore.
Some acne blemishes are small, and the scars created are shallow and heal quickly. Sometimes, the contents of blemishes
spill into the surrounding tissue and cause deeper scars.
The skin’s response is to repair the scar by forming new collagen fibers. These repairs usually aren’t as smooth and flawless as the original skin.
Superficial wrinkles are associated with textural changes of the skin surface often caused by aging and sun exposure.
Increased sun exposure and smoking can speed up this process, leading to more wrinkles earlier in life
Dark spots are concentrated areas of melanin in your skin caused by overactive pigment cells.
What Else Can PicoWay Laser Treat?
Preparing the skin for something new.
Eyebrow Tattoo Removal
Best suited for all permanent makeup like microblading or Nano Brows. Pigments may turn colour, blur, or fade over the years.
Some eyebrow tattoo is applied in the wrong areas, and far outside the usual margins, leading to unwanted brow shape and colour.
Lip Tattoo Removal
Lip tattoo is the second most permanent form of cosmetic tattoo, with pigments lasting many years in the skin.
Pigments could fade unevenly, or be incorrectly applied outside the natural boundaries of the lips, leading to an uneven, inconsistent appearance.
Body Tattoo Removal
Preparing the body for something new.
Body Tattoo Removal
Maybe its a souvenir from your favourite festival (or something you have no recollection of). Perhaps you're starting a new career and need to hide your ink.
Body Tattoo can be removed, or even faded to the point where it can be worked over with a fresh design.
We have answers to all of your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to information before your consultation or appointment.
The PicoWay laser is an ultra-fast picosecond laser that treats acne scars, wrinkles, benign pigmented lesions and tattoo removal.
The PicoWay Resolve laser is a treatment on the PicoWay laser system, that uses a laser handpiece that splits the full beam into tiny microbeams. This allows treatment of conditions like acne scars, wrinkles and benign pigmented lesions. PicoWay Resolve acts by creating tiny open spaces, called vacuoles, under the skin where new collagen and elastin are built and can transform the skin over time.4,5,8
PicoWay treatments are typically brief (15-20 minutes) and are done over a series of treatment sessions spaced weeks apart.8 Your doctor will recommend a treatment plan that works best for you.
If you are looking for a laser treatment that acts below the surface of the skin and offers low to no downtime, then the PicoWay laser at IVONNE may be the right laser for you. Ask your laser professional how PicoWay can minimize your acne scars or wrinkles or remove bothersome dark spots and tattoos that you no longer want.
The PicoWay laser is FDA and CE mark cleared for certain uses: acne scars, wrinkles, dark spots (benign pigmented lesions), and tattoo removal. If you are looking for other laser treatments, such as hair removal, then the PicoWay laser is not the treatment for you. IVONNE can refer you to a laser hair removal provider upon request.
While the PicoWay laser works on both lighter and darker skin types, depending on the wavelength and applicator needed for your treatment, the PicoWay laser may not be the best treatment for your skin type. Your treatment provider will know which PicoWay applicator is best for your skin type and treatment needs.
Keep in mind that a PicoWay laser treatment typically requires multiple sessions. IVONNE can walk you through your treatment needs and will be the best source for determining whether treatment with the PicoWay laser is right for you.
Side effects with the PicoWay laser are typically transient and expected as part of the laser treatment.1-6 Clients experience low to no downtime. In some cases, clients may use a topical anesthetic to enhance comfort during the treatment. More common side effects include redness, swelling, pinpoint bleeding, tingling or purplish spots.1-6,8 These effects will differ, however, depending on the treatment you receive.
Your level of discomfort depends on the type treatment you receive. For example, those undergoing tattoo removal are like to experience some pain and discomfort. However, when undergoing the PicoWay Resolve treatment, patients treated for wrinkles generally reported low levels of pain, and mild to no discomfort from those treated for acne scars or dark spots.
You may be able to see initial improvement after just the first treatment. However, this depends on the condition treated, and multiple sessions are typically necessary.1-6
With PicoWay Resolve treatment, most clients reported low levels of pain during treatment for wrinkles and mild to no discomfort for acne scar treatment.
Yes, treatment with the PicoWay laser has low to no downtime. Most people can return to their activities of daily living shortly after treatment. You may need a bandage to keep the treatment area dry for a few days following tattoo removal.
PicoWay is a picosecond laser with high peak power and ultra-short pulse durations for a photoacoustic, rather than a photothermal effect that can overheat the skin. The majority of PicoWay clients report high patient satisfaction and low to no downtime.
When receiving Laser Treatments at IVONNE you're connected with a professional who is also trained in alternative skincare treatment methods, including Microneedling or Chemical Peels. Your Laser Skincare treatment can be augmented, or alternated with different modalities, including at-home skincare products for the best results.
In addition to this, your Laser Tattoo Professional is an authorized provider of leading skincare brands, so you're getting connected to a full 360 degree approach to better skin.
PicoWay laser treatment at IVONNE cost will vary depending on the type of treatment, size of treatment area, number of treatment sessions and other factors. In general, it can be assumed that treating a larger area, the complete face, is a higher cost than treating a small dark spot. It is recommended to obtain an official cost estimate before proceeding with any treatments.
Any laser treatment can temporarily leave the skin sensitive and delicate. Staying out of the sunlight is critically important. It is recommended to pursue any laser treatment in the Fall, Winter, and Spring months, and avoid Summer unless you are planning to stay indoors for the healing period.
1. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for tattoos (K142372), October 2014.
2. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for benign pigmented lesions (K150326), April 2015.
3. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for tattoos with 785 nm handpiece (K160607), July 2016.
4. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for acne scars (K162454), February 2017.
5. PicoWay 510(k) clearance for wrinkles (K170597), May 2017.
6. PicoWay 510(k) clearance (K191685), Sept. 2019.
7. Kauvar A, Bernstein E, Garden J. Multicenter study on the efficacy and safety of PicoWay Resolve for acne scars. 2017. Candela, data on file.
8. Data on File, Candela, 2021.
9. Dréno B, Tan J, Kang W, et al. How people with facial acne scars are perceived in society: an online survey. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2016;6(2):207-218.
10. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2016 Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics.
11. Brauer JA, Kazlouskaya V, Alabdulrazzaq H, et al. Use of a picosecond pulse duration laser with specialized optic for treatment of facial acne scarring. JAMA Dermatol. 2015;151(3):278-284.
12. Kravvas G, Al-Niaimi F. A systematic review of treatments for acne scarring. Part I: Non-energy-based techniques. Scars Burns Healing. 2017;3:1-17.
13. Ganceviciene R, Liakou AI, Theodoridis A, Makrantonaki E, Zouboulis CC. Skin anti-aging strategies. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):308-319.
PU01787EN-NA, Rev. A